This is a guest post by M.Farouk Radwan founder of http://www.2knowmyself.com/
We all know that one of the essential ingredients required for success is believing in ourselves. After all, the road of success is full of criticism, rejections and down times and if you don’t have enough faith in yourself, you might not be able to continue to the end.
While this fact is known to most people, many of them still don’t know how to develop that strong faith in their skills or how to strengthen what’s already there.
In this post I will tell you about some practical actions that can help you believe in yourself if you currently don’t or believe in yourself even more if you already do.
How to Believe in Yourself:
1) Succeeding at small tasks will increase your faith in your skills: If you succeeded in doing a small task you will have more faith in yourself when you face a bigger task. Most people underestimate smaller goals without realizing that they can be the ones that help them have faith in themselves when they face bigger ones.
2) Use positive media: According to many studies people who listen to motivating music end up becoming more motivated in the long term. What will happen to your faith if every morning someone told you that you can get whatever you want 50 or 60 times? Most people don’t give any attention to the songs they listen to without realizing that listening to motivating songs can increase their faith in themselves in the short, medium and long term.
3) Dare to take risks: Some people live in their comfort zones all the time and as a result fail to test their abilities and skills. You won’t have faith in yourself before you manage to break through that barrier and get over some of the difficult challenges that you are facing in your life. After all, believing in yourself is all about finding that you are capable of facing life’s problems. Now, what do you think will happen to your faith if you ran from problems instead of facing them?
4) Go against people: How many times were you enthusiastic about something that others convinced you that you couldn’t do? Many people give up some tasks, important goals or even their dreams as a result of the people who put them down. If you managed to challenge people by going against their recommendations, which are usually based on their own fears, then you will have solid faith in yourself. Before starting my website many people told me that it’s not possible to make money out of it. Today it’s my main source of income and I left my day job because of it.
5) Document your previous achievements: When we face hard times or down times we become trapped in a certain negative way of thinking where we can hardly remember our previous achievements. If you documented your previous achievements you will be able to recall them whenever you have self doubts and that will help you have more faith in yourself.
Written by M. Farouk Radwan, founder of the popular site, 2KnowMyself. With over 18 million total visits to his site and 500,000 monthly visits, Farouk has created a prolific body of work that keeps visitors coming back. You can begin exploring his work at www.2knowmyself.com.